Sometimes things happen. Sometimes these things can change your life. A thing like falling for someone & spending two years with them without barely noticing the time go by. Things like going out of your way to do something nice for this person, wanting to do it just because you know that they’ll love it. That they’ll smile with their eyes when you tell them you made something just for them. Sometimes situations like that lead to only good things, things like Personal Apple Pies for The Boyf. (Because you love him.)
How to make your ramen 9001x better, courtesy of /ck/
QUICK EGG IN UR RAMEN TRICK MY FRIEND TAUGHT ME IN HIGH SCHOOL
pour just enough water into your pot to cover your noodles and other ingredients, then get a small cup/fancy measuring 1 cup cup or w/e and measure out another cuppa watta. dump that shit in too.
make ur ramen. just start boiling and dump whatever you’re supposed to put in in the beginning. u know how to make ramen this isn’t ramen for snot nosed sobbing beginners ok
KEY PART: you know how it says on the back of the package to cook for about 4-5 minutes?? we’re cooking for 5 minutes. wait for your ramen to cook for the first three minutes. stare hungrily if you must. but the EXACT MOMENT 3 minutes hit here’s what you do:
- SCREAM. and then stir your noodles to make sure nothing is sticking to the bottom of the pot. (scream is optional) also make sure your broth is still more or less covering your noodles, if its not add a bit more. it doesn’t matter if some is still sticking up we just don’t want chewy noodles (unless you’re into that) (i’m into that)
- make a lil hole in your noodles. this little hole must have broth in it and nothing more. make it in the middle or the side it honestly doesn’t matter you just need a clear shot to the bottom of the pot
- crack your egg and toss that mother into the hole.
- COVER EGG WITH NOODLES AS QUICK AS YOU CAN
- DON’T. STIR.
- I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU STIR FOR THE REMAINING MINUTE AND A HALF YOU probably won’t ruin anything you’ll just have egg drop soup i guess but IF YOU DON’T STIR
- Congratulations, you have poached an egg in your broth! Your poached egg now tastes like your ramen broth. Revel in your victory.
- no seriously that egg will be mildly chewy deliciousness oh my god if you can perfect this technique you will never have your egg in your ramen another way again
this is as close as you’ll get to ramen made in a restaurant…
YES THANK YOU.
Ramen is super easy to spice up into a really good meal, and you can add things to it and actually get some nutrients and not just a crappy plain old bowl of noodles and broth.
I like putting scallions, crush red pepper flakes, and eggs in mine. I’ve also put mushrooms and carrots in too, and that’s tasty if you want to add veggies. Also my favorite ramen flaver is Oriental. It’s really quick and easy to make it this way too.
is that a sword under the oriental flavored one?
doing this tonight
2-1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons butter
Put the butter, the sour cream and water in a small saucepan and heat, but do not cook. Cool to tepid then add the remaining ingredients. Put in a kneader. If thick add more water.
Let it rise double and cut into 16 equal parts.
Baking tray lined with baking paper and cut the ears with scissors.
Then, the eyes can be put, such as pepper grains.
Bake at 375° for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
im so excited about this i m freaking out about it w/ john over skype you dont„ get it, buns and bread, my two favourite things, bun bun,s, ohhhh fxck
i wanna make this bunny bread but im too tired…… bad ……..